Friday, October 9, 2009

Fire Fire and more Fire...

Danger's the name, and fire's my game. As of late anyway. Over the past few months I've fazed myself out of Cirkus Pandemonium, and been more active with Incendiary Circus. To be honest, it's a little bit scary being out on my own in the realm of traditional circus. Incendiary is presenting a diverse spread of fire related gigs, but I'm pretty much on my own with everything else.
I've got a lot of credit to give to Pandemonium. Two and a half years of job security is the most I've ever had at any job. So fire it is for now... I guess I don't mind though. Fire is very popular and progressive these days. There's definitely business to be had.
The last couple of Fridays I've been fire spinning for tips along with my friend Ryan at a haunted house known as Castle of Chaos. It's tough work considering that it's just the two of us spinning back to back for hours at a time. Not only that, but in order to actually make money, you have to talk the crowd up to get them into the tipping mood. I could do circus tricks all day with no problem, but getting the crowd to openly appreciate you is truly the biggest challenge. It gives me great amounts of respect for professional street performers.
Over the years I've been witness to some really excellent street shows, and one thing I've learned is that it doesn't even matter what you do, so long as you can talk the crowd into the palm of your hand. This is an art in itself. Sounds kind of like business, doesn't it? Make your approach, create a point of relation, toss your pitch, and cross your fingers.
So I'm growing up in the way of refining the art I love so much. Business I'll make it, and success, I'll take it. Cheers to chasing your dreams. Tune in next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment