Thursday, October 1, 2009

Autumn Lull...

Well, that time of year has come again. That's right, it's fall time. If you're a circus performer, this could mean one of two things for you. Either you're auditioning and training with a new show, or you're experiencing the lull that happens amongst the physical arts every fall. Seeing how I work mostly no contract shows, I stand with the latter.
This is not all bad though. In my current scenario, opportunity is presented by said lull. Early in the summer, I found out that my son, and his mother were planning to move out to California. She wanted to be outside of Utah and close to her brother. Seeing how I've not been a full-time dad at any point in Hazes life, I did what I usually do. I let her know that I support her decision. Well, when I asked myself whether or not I was truly ok with this, I came up conflicted. Although I'm still learning how to do it, I do desire to be a dad. It took a long time to come to terms with this, but I do. So I put out my manifestation to the universe... "please please enable me to be a part of my sons life...". They left town, and I waited for an answer.
Whether or not I played influence, I don't know. But, they came back. Oh, and grateful I was! So came the time for me to step into Daddy's shoes. and I am. Every Saturday(and any other day I desire, or am needed) I take Haze for the day. Last week we went to Millcreek Canyon to go hiking. What a blast! He was romping up grades I thought I'd need to help on, and keeping me on the catch-up! It's incredibly amazing watching this boy grow and develop. What a blessing!
His Mom and Grandma deserve sooooo much credit. They've put forth more focused dedication than I've ever applied to anything in my life. I am eternally indebted... They are truly my angels. Now it's my turn to step up to the plate and serve someone other than myself. Gladly I say, Gladly...
This is the circus that is my life! Stay tuned! -Michael David O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment