Sunday, September 13, 2009

One wheeled days, and one wheeled nights...

At this point in my life, I'm realizing that we are all dominated by something to some degree or other. Whether we realize this or not, we all make the internal choices that define whether our fixations follow a positive or negative path. It's our choice. Well, I choose the unicycle as my fixation(one of them anyway).
Since I discovered it, unicycling has broken down many personal barriers within me. It literally altered my synapse patterns to enable furthered progress. Everything we do affects us in this way, but unicycling inspired love in me. One wheel on a frame, with a seat and pedals. It broke the barrier between motor skills and emotion in a most eloquent way. Centering me...
A large part of the appeal for me is simplicity enhanced by imagination. The possibilities are endless. Ride down the street, or ride down a mountain. twirl in circles, or hop up onto a ledge, balancing precariously, yet strangely at ease... I think I'm hooked.
till next time...

1 comment: